9.28.2005

Today was a Day

I'm still trying to figure out what the average emotion was for today.

I got a speeding ticket this morning. I was going 44 in a 30 mph zone. Well, I almost got a speeding ticket. I actually did something I told myself I would never do. I cried. I intentionally cried. I could have sucked it up and just taken the ticket, but I turned on the faucet and in a quivering, patently helpless female way, I explained I was having a tough week and I didn't know how I was going to pay rent, let alone a ticket. It wasn't hard to cry, I learned how to for Mock Trial and my day was actually sucking so it didn't take much to get the tears flowing. The police officer actually took the ticket back and wrote warning across it. I am feeling a little guilty about my actions.
Thank you mister police officer. Also to the Savannahians - don't speed between 63rd and Victory on Habersham, they've got their radar guns out.

Towards the middle of my day I got a lecture at work. You know the kind - it makes you feel like a teenager getting the "this is the way the world works" speech. This was the result of two things. First that Peacock's marks up three and half times the whole sale cost, while Mary Kay's only marks up three times, and some times I forget that I'm not working there anymore and don't price things quite right. Roger and Sharon seem to take this as me saying the shop over charges. Second that an order I took came back fraudulent (the credit card was stolen). Now this order had seemed weird from the beginning and I told Sharon that before I finished it. So the lecture was them trying to explain why they mark up that extra 50%, to cover things like credit card fraud and me not saying anything. I understand full well why they mark up as much as they do, but I'm not going to bother trying to explain that to them, it would just make for a longer lecture.

The last thing in my day was I went down to River Street and applied at a gallery. I had heard it was hiring from my next door neighbor who works there. The manager seemed to think I would work out, but I would need to be cleared through the head guy. It would be a place to get more hours. We'll see what happens. But that made me feel a like maybe someone wanted me. The hardest part of job searching is getting rejected. Today even a maybe was welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/03/2005

    I hope your weekend went better...good luck on the gallery gig! They'd be lucky to have you and fools to turn you away.
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete