Location, Location, Location
- Small wedding party, 8-20 persons (including us)
- An auspicious sunrise ceremony with sand between our toes
- Amazing photography - we are willing to spend extra money to get fabulous pictures
- Unique flowers - I have worked as a florist, so I will be picky on this one
- A fun relaxing honeymoon for at least five days after the ceremony.
- Champagne Brunch / Reception type thing
Now here is the kicker. We want to do it all for $5000. So I've been emailing wedding planners and resorts that offer wedding packages. I just got this letter from http://www.weddingscostarica.net/
To be honest, $5000 for honeymoon, plane and wedding reception for up to 20 people is very tight- quickly doing the math for a wedding with 20 people...
- 2 flights - $1000 minimum
- 7 nights hotel @ $150 = $1,050 (based
on a 4 star hotel)
- Reception brunch for 20 people @ $20 =
- Lawyer/officiant = $600
- Great photographer = $1600
That's $4650 already, without flowers, music, decorations or coordinator fees. I know what it's like to be fresh out of school but I also want to be upfront about what we can and can't do with the budget.
One suggestion I have is that maybe we consider an affordable all-inclusive resort and not have a private breakfast as that would shave $400 from your budget right away.
My sugestion is we ditch the officiant. $600 is kind of pricey don't you think? Her math is funny. The hotel cost, is gonna be a little more than that. However, I appreciate her honesty. Supposedly Costa Rica is one of the places the dollar stretches a little farther. So I think we'll be reevaluating our budget and destination.