10.21.2005

The Confederate Rose


Hibiscus mutabilis - Confederate Rose
a member of the mallow family it is absolutely beautiful. It is blooming right now in the front yard of Peacock's. The bush is probably 15 x 20 feet and just covered in blooms. The bloom is white and then turns pink and crumples into the little balls, giving the whole bush a two toned appearance.

Speaking of Peacock's, I more or less don't have a job there anymore. Business is bad and according to the law: Last hired, first fired - I was the one who got cut. I have been told to "just call each day to see if we have work for you." Well that sucks, and it is a pain to call each day, so I haven't been. However, I am not going to be bitter about it. I'm just going to move on and find a place that can actually give me hours. Jamie once again came to my aid and has given me a connection to another shop down town. I'll drop my resume off tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. We have a pretty rose garden at the home where I work. Everyday, the husband of one of our residents calls to talk to her, but if I answer the phone, we always have the same conversation:
    Him: Hey there, young lady!
    Me: Hello, Mr. S. How are you today?
    Him: Whhhhhooooowwweeeeeeeee! I been out der workin' on dem der roses. I got that Cunfedrit rose. Whhhhoooooowwweeeee! It is SO purty! You got a Cunfedrit rose in that rose garden of yers?
    Me: I don't know, sir. I like to look at them, but I don't know their names.
    Him: Whhhhooooooooowwweeeeeee! Well, the Cunfedrit rose it's a purty white one. Man, is that purty. I been out der workin' all day on dem der roses. You got a Confedrit rose in yer garden?
    Me: I, um, I don't know, sir.
    Him: Whhhhooooooooowwweeeeeee! Well, the Cunfedrit rose it's a purty white one. Man, is that purty. I been out der workin' all day on dem der roses. You got a Confedrit rose in yer garden?
    Me: I, um, I don't know, sir.
    Him: Whhhhooooooooowwweeeeeee! Well, the Cunfedrit rose it's a purty white one. . .

    But now I know what a Confedrit rose look like, thanks to you, and I will look and see if we have on so that next time I can give him an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whhhhhooooweeee - Glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/24/2005

    Whhhhhhoooweee - it IS a pretty flower!

    So, any word from the other shop downtown? Inquiring minds want to know! : )

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete