Jeff is now done with Fall quarter! Only two more quarters to go. His break is from now until January. We will be driving home for Christmas to spend ten days or so in Iowa. So I'll probably be driving on my birthday. That always seems like the way it is. I should just change my birthday to New Years so I automatically get a party.

For Thanksgiving we will be here in Savannah so we are having an Orphans Thanksgiving with the other SCAD who don't have family in the area. There will be around ten of us getting together for the classic potluck turkey dinner. So far the menu is:

Turkey, Gravy and Stuffing - Marigold
Candied Yams - Susan
Bread - Susan
Booze - Lenz
Scalloped Corn - Foy
Cranberry Relish - Foy
Mashed Potatoes - Jeff
Salad - Fara
Green Bean Casserole - Chris and Sarah
Pumpkin Pie - Chris and Sarah
Pumpkin Bread - Farah
Monkey Bread - Jeff

I might make a carrot/cranberries dish to use up my left over cranberries. I'm hungry already!


  1. Recipe for Scalloped Corn:

    1/2 cup pimentos
    1/2 cup onion diced
    1/3 cup shredded carrot
    1/4 cup water
    1 can cream style corn (14-16oz)
    1 can whole kernel corn (8oz)
    1 cup milk
    1 cup crushed saltine crackers
    3/4 cup shredded cheddar
    2 slightly beaten eggs
    1/2 cup cheddar (for topping)

    1. In a small saucepan combine pimentos, onion, carrot and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
    2. In a mixing bowl stir together the cream-style and whole kernel corn, milk, crushed crackers, cheese and eggs. Stir in the cooked vegies.
    3. Pour into a 2 quart square, greased baking dish.
    4. Bake uncovered at 325 for40-45 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup cheddar, let stand 10 minutes before serving.

  2. Mmm. I'm excited about all the food! Yesterday I was talking to Farah (fazziek) about whether or not my 10-12 pound bird would be enough to feed everyone. You're supposed to allot about 1 pound per person. Then she said, "Oooh, but Jeff's going to be there." So last night I went to Kroger and got an extra 5 pounds of breast.

  3. marigold11/25/2005

    I want the recipe for your cranberry relish please thank you.

  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  5. Cranberry Relish a la Foy

    1 cup fresh cranberries
    1/2 an orange pealed
    1 apple cored (leave the skin on)
    1 cup o' sugar

    Put all the fruit through a grinder or food processor until corsely ground. Then mix in the sugar and let set until the sugar is all disolved. I usually make it the day before to make sure it really all gets desolved. Once the sugar's desolved pop it in the fridge until you're ready to eat.

    Almost as easy as opening a can of that Cranberry Jelly stuff.

    You're welcome