I don't want to have a pass-time or a job

I don't want to have a pass-time or a job. I want to have a passion. I want to really enjoy what I do. I think that is what's wrong with me working as a florist. I don't feel strongly about it. I don't want to get my FTD certification, or go to florist association meetings. I also don't feel strongly about working at the gallery either. Is it possible I could find something to be passionate about in GA in my remaining four months? I've been working on this question. The first thing that came to mind is our wedding. I am not THAT excited about it. Sure, I want it to happen and I think it will be fun, but I'm not driven to work on it.

The only thing recently I have been driven to do lately is learn more about The Good Life. Their reasoning for doing things isn't necessarily my own, but they have a lot of good ideas that I would like to explore more. For instance, I don't think being a vegetarian is a great because animals have their own lives and deserve to be free, such as The Good Life Promotes. I think it would be a good idea because a vegetarian lifestyle promotes the eating of foods that take less energy to produce and thus help the world feed itself. Although, if I take this idea to its extreme conclusion, it isn't just the animals I should be avoiding, it is all highly processed foods that have to be shipped a long way.

As far as food goes, I think I will try and feed Jeff and myself on $40 for a week (after we get back from Iowa). I think it will be very doable. Get rid of the expensive meats, some of the luxury fresh produce and some of the fancy cheese and I think we'll be able to swing it. We'll have to stop buying ice-cream, beer and Fresca. I am in the process of creating a menu. A smaller food budget encourages less highly processed foods that have to be shipped a long way. It also, requires what we do eat, to be a high value food item (i.e. no more beer and rice cakes). It will probably be a good idea anyway, since we will have eaten lots of heavy, home cooked meals while home for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment