12.06.2005

Remembering Longwood

It has been almost a year since I left Longwood. As I recall, it was December 15th, 2004 at noon that I left for Savannah. I have so many pictures of gardens, flowers, events and friends from Longwood. It is the one time in my life where I went to live concerts, classes, and gardens on a weekly basis. Not to mention I met so many great people. Not just good contacts for my career, but really good friends (that's you Jamie, Pan, Lisa, Vicki, Dave, and Lauren). The one big thing Longwood lacked was Jeff.

I moved to Savannah to be with Jeff. I can fit here, but it is not my specific niche. The places I have worked do not lend themselves to finding friends and the one class I have taken was all older working class people who I didn't relate too. There is very little horticulture and I have only been to a handful of concerts. I have been in Georgia almost as long as I was in Pennsylvania, but I have hundreds of photos and journal entries about PA and almost none of GA.

That was a really depressing entry, no? Maybe I shouldn't compare the two. I went to Longwood for a very different reason than I went GA. Longwood was a learning experience, Savannah was a purgatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment