3.10.2006

Interview and Syrup

We did our Peace Corps Interview. It wasn't bad, but it was a long drive to Atlanta and back. What did we learn? It maybe as far off as next May before we get placed. Apparently they do couples placement quarterly and we just missed the last placement time by a couple weeks. I wish I had gotten my references together earlier, that's what was holding us up. I just couldn't get a confirmation from one of them. But that's alright, our interviewer said he'll get our names in now and maybe something will come up. This changes a lot about how long we thought we'd be back in Iowa. We may spend almost a year back home before we get a placement. I am toying with the idea of starting some graduate classes, but what happens if we get called up in the middle of the semester? I guess I'll keep thinking and cross that road when I come to it.


On a completely unrelated topic, has anyone ever made their own pancake syrup? I was looking for a place to buy bulk syrup from and I came across several recipes for do-it-yourself pancake syrup, all claiming to be better than the store bought stuff. I think I will have to try it out. If it's any good, it would be really neat to have homemade syrup at the wedding reception. Plus we could make it fun and have a couple different kinds of syrup like maple, cinnamon, blue berry and pineapple. We figure we'll have mix-ins for the pancakes like blue berries, bananas and chocolate chips. Wouldn't a banana pancake with pineapple syrup be tasty, or how about chocolate pancake with cinnamon syrup? What other combinations would be good?

No comments:

Post a Comment