4.12.2006

Taxes

So I sucked it up and did my taxes last night. I have never done my own taxes, my mommy has always done them for me. I had no idea what I was doing, so I googled around until I found what I think I needed. I did the 1040EZ and GA 500EZ. I kind of piece-mealed it together, so I hope it is right. I owe $109 to the state of GA, which is crap! If anything they should be paying me to live in their crappy state. I refuse to be a Georgian. Well, being a Georgian wouldn't be all out terrible, but I won't be a Savannahian. The Federal Government must think this is true because they are giving me back $337, more than making up for stupidity of GA.

6 comments:

  1. I did my taxes last night, too! We could have had a Tax Party! It would have been similar to an Angry Party, because I, too, owe taxes to Georgia. But only $18.65. But it still upset me to owe at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been fun. Then when it said "refer to the table on pages 16-57" we could have complained to eachother, about how they expected us to have a booklet or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/13/2006

    Taxes....bleh. I used turbotax this year. I owed $99 in federal, and I'm getting back $78 from NC. But at least those are real numbers. Last year, I owed Pennsylvania $1.
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. And are you proud to be an Iowan? Call me a judger, but at least Georgia has an international city like Atlanta. And Iowa has Des Moines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Des Moines has an international airport... and well that's about it. But you can leave your keys in the ignition with the car running and the most you might happen is someone asking, "hey, did you forget to turn off your car?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foy,
    I also did my taxes for the first time this year and I too would not claim the state I live in right now as my own. Stephen, Iowa is awesome. I live in nation's 12 largest city and it is no better than Des Moines. At least des moines has a library with a green roof. Ok so I don't know why I got super iowaistic, but I did. ROCK ON with the taxes.

    ReplyDelete