American English

Your Linguistic Profile:
65% General American English
15% Upper Midwestern
10% Yankee
5% Dixie
0% Midwestern
I find it interesting that I don't speak any Midwestern, it's probably because I don't say pop anymore, unless of course it is reference to a vending machine. Those are still pop machines. However, I drink cans of soda. Click here for an interesting break down of soda names across america, displayed in map form.
One of the questions was, "Do you use the word cruller?" I don't know what that word is. I just looked it up in The Urban Dictionary, apparently it is a fried twisted piece of bread in the shape of a horse shoe. So basically a funny shaped donut. The only pictures I can find, however, are donut shaped. I think I have seen those before. I would have just referred to it as a donut.

No comments:

Post a Comment