9.12.2006

Flower Convention

On Sunday I went to the Iowa Florists Association convention in Des Moines. I learned a couple of tricks of the trade as well as witnessed Mary Kay and Allen get life time achievement awards. That was pretty neat. I also sat in on two of the demonstrations and got some good inspiration. There were all these edgy, modern, creations. Half the customers here would demand their money back if we sent them something like those, but I might be able to upgrade some of our designs into something a little more modern and fun.

The best part was at the end of the convention they gave away a bunch of the flowers they didn't use. I probably took home a retail value of $250 worth of flowers. I made my mom a nice big center piece and I made this for myself out of some left over foliages:

No comments:

Post a Comment