Girl's Weekend

So a couple weekends ago we had our first Girl's Weekend. We started small with just the four of us, Sara, Sarah, Lisa and me. To avoid the ISU vs. UNI traffic we headed to Des Moines for the day where we shopped until we dropped, or rather decided to take a break and go to a place an on-break stylist recommended called Latin King. It looked like a creepy ware house on the street side and like this on the parking lot side. They even had real grape vines growing on their trellis. Definitely a diamond in the rough restaurant.

I thought all the food was yummy. The highlight being this tasty bread with butter. The butter was some how more smooth and creamy and good than any I have ever had. Between the bread and the salad I was too full for my meal. I had the specialty of the house. I don't remember what it was called, but it was very good. I left the doggy bag at Sarah's. I hope she ate it, because it was too good to waste.

After dinner we found the holy grail of sweaters. Sarah had spotted a sales clerk for Pennies wearing this sweater. Upon questioning she discovered it was purchased from Old Navy. I think a total of eight sweaters like this were bought by the Sara(h)s. Between the two of them they got one of every color. I could only find the boring tan color online, but this my friend, is a sweater worth shopping nine hours for:

No comments:

Post a Comment