12.20.2006

Best and Worst of 2006

Inspiration from Marigold

We started the year in Savannah, Georgia.
In January, I left my job at Peacock's Flower Shop and took a new job at a plant nursery in Savannah. I was more in my element talking plants with home gardeners and hanging out with some pretty cool employees. This counts towards the best.
The worst happened in April when Jeff was hit by a car while riding his bicycle. It wasn't fun. He wound up with a lot of stitches and staples and continues to pull glass out of his arm. Thankfully, none of it is permanent damage. He's working through the insurance papers to get all of the expenses covered.
In June, it was sad to leave fabulous friends behind when Jeff got his Master's in Fine Art Illustration from Savannah College of Art and Design and we made the cross country journey back to Iowa.
June was a big month for us, we found out that our applications were accepted for the Peace Corps and we were nominated for a program some where in Latin America.

Also in June, Jeff and I held hands and took the grand leap into matrimony. Not much has changed other than we now sport matching rings. I kept my name, he kept his and we still live together and sleep together. I guess one change is that I can say "sleep together" around our parents.
After a fabulous honeymoon in the Dominican Republic, Jeff came home with Shigella. This resulted in a trip to the emergency room so we could be at Adam (Jeff's brother) and Emily's wedding at the end of July. In August, I went back to work for Mary Kay's Flowers, the same shop I worked part time for through college, only now I am full time and a designer. Jeff took up a job at Target. And Both of us are taking DMACC Spanish classes at night. Once we get past Spanish 201 we will be ready to leave for the Peace Corps, this May.

In December Jeff was offered a job as a Teaching Assistant for this Middle School. He started this week. This job has benefits!

This has been a year of considerable change for us. We've moved, married, graduated, worked and traveled. I am grateful for all the people that walked a bit with us along our journey this year. Next year promises new roads. I am getting a little cliché here, so let's just leave it at: 2006 was memorable and 2007 is much anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment