3.27.2007

Getting things done

The Peace Corps (PC) sent us our nomination packet on Wednesday. On Monday we accepted our nomination. There are papers in the packet that say we should have them filled out six weeks before our departure. We depart in five weeks (May 12th). So we'd best get going.

We filled out our government issue no fee passport papers last night and got the pictures printed today. We will put that in tomorrow's mail.

We also have ten days to fill out a resume and letter of intent. So it seems we will play the Hurry-Up and Wait game yet again.

Soon we will be sent a list of things to bring with us. Last night Jeff asked, "can I buy deodorant there, what about shampoo?" I assume somewhere in Panama you can buy toiletries. Although with our limited Spanish, I don't know as though we'll be able to figure out which are which. Speaking of toiletries, I came across this picture in a Peace Corps Panama News Letter.
I don't think we are expected to bring two years worth of soap with us. Isn't the point to blend into your community? I, for one, am excited that I won't have to wear make-up for a while. Although, I think I may keep up on the sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment