Here's a quick over view of what we've done:
- May - We left Iowa behind on May 14th, and arrived in Panama May 16th. We started intensive Spanish language, culture and technical training.
- June - Found out where we will be living for the next two years.
- July - We officially became Peace Corps Volunteers by Swearing In.
- August - We moved in with our host family in our community in Panama Este.
- September - We met our neighbors and got to know the community.
- October - Our road started to get bad and we got Zeus.
- November - We had Thanksgiving Peace Corps style and we got our own house.
- December - First Christmas in Panama and the road got worse.
- January - Our first projects started to shape up: double dig beds, Ornamental Plants and English classes.
- February - The big event was Carnival.
- March - We started working with the NGO CREA, and got a host embassy family.
- April - We had many visitors and made contact with the next group of volunteers.
- May - Made our first Estufa Lorena, we helped put together a Sex Education Lecture and we got to hang out with some ISU students who were on a four week Panama travel course.
As a one year bonus, on the side bar we now have a slide show of our most current photos.