- Path Between the Sea by David McCullough - The Creation of the Panama Canal
- Rivers of Gold by Hugh Thomas - The Rise of the Spanish Empire from Columbus to Magellan
- The Tailor of Panama - A cold war spy novel that takes place in Panama, lots of references to real places in Panama City
- Panama Fever by Matthew Parker - Another story of the Panama Canal Construction
- The Tapir's Morning Bath by Elizabeth Royte - Mysteries of the Tropical Rain Forest and the Scientists Who are Trying to Solve Them - the first short story is from Panama
- Quantum of Solace - 007's latest movie, all the Bolivia scenes were shot in Casco Viejo, Panama where we will be staying when my mom and sister visit.
- The Tailor of Panama - a book made into a spy movie starring Pierce Brosnan from 2001
- The End of the Spear - about the Waodani Indians and how missionaries effected their culture apparently pretty heavy on the Christian saving the world theme. But is supposed to have some incredible footage of the Panamanian Jungle. Hint, turn on the closed captions.