10.28.2009

Botany of Desire Documentary

PBS is airing the Botany of Desire Documentary tonight, Wednesday, October 28 at 8/7 central. I may have to go over to my mom's house so I can watch it. We don't own a TV. This documentary is based on Michael Pollan's best selling book of the same name. I read this book a long time back and love it. It's a look at four plants: apples, tulips, potatoes and marijuana. Couple the magnificently written book with beautiful photography and this should be one spectacular show! Check out the preview below.

4 comments:

  1. It was GREAT! Did you see it? we saw most of it. I'm interested in reading hte book, the doc was so good. would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/03/2009

    There's no TV at Mary's house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just wanted to let you know that we are changing our blog URL to QuinlivanAdventures.blogspot.com
    Thanks for all of the encouragement throughout this whole process. It has been fun to follow your journeys! We have so many thoughts and questions; you will be hearing from us soon I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the book is way better than the special. Obviously much more detail. Michael Pollan is a great story teller. A wonderful combination of journalism, personal experience and humor. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think I read it twice.

    ReplyDelete