11.11.2009

November Art Shows

Foy contacted venues in Ames that host local artists. Both Café Milo and Capanna were available in November (now).

I framed a group of pieces before we left for Peace Corps, but I forgot that I gave most of those to our friends. I thought that I had about one show worth of work framed already and I would only need to frame the pieces I made in Panama for the second show. Digging my art out of storage I realized that just about the only frame pieces I kept three year ago were the ones that I am not willing to sell.So I spent a week matting and framing thirty pieces.
The last weekend in October I hung shows at Café Milo
And Capanna
Both spaces are comfortable and my art looks great. The feedback I got while putting it up was a boost to my spirit. Unfortunately, neither place is geared towards selling art and I don't think their college age clientele is my best target audience. I'll let you know how it goes when I take it all down in December.

Those of you who can, please go see my work while it’s up. If you are too far away you are welcome to check out my work at jeffdiesburg.com.

3 comments:

  1. Hello my fellow Blogger,

    Good day to you! Can we exchange links? I will add your blog to my Blog Roll too if you want, just tell me. Please add my link to your site too. Thank you very much!

    Here are the details:
    Name: Jerick Info
    URL: http://www.jerick.info

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the shows, Jeff! Wish we could see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foy,

    Thanks for the pack list links! Creating a list is proving to be incredibly difficult; so many possibilities and you don't really know what you'll really want in the end. It does help though, so thanks.

    Paul wanted to know if you ever found your solar panel or tent useful. We're looking into that as well. I feel like the tent might be a waste of space, but who knows.

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete