Monthly Budget Check In

So things aren’t going as well as I had hoped. I’m only supposed to spend $200 on groceries this month and it is the 10th and I am already at $106.84. I bought a lot of staples on my last trip to Fareway, but still, the money is going faster than I like. I haven’t walked down to the grocery to pick up the missing ingredients and I am reevaluating my list.
Instead of buying the special pasta for my minestrone I’m going to use some ziti and cook it separately and then cut it into thirds so it has more of the texture tubetti should have. I’m also cutting out fresh ginger – I have powdered ginger on hand. And I’m going to look at the prices before I decide to buy zucchini or eggplant. I can substitute or check the frozen food section to see if I can get a better price. Alright, now I’m off to the grocery store.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea! They look great. I’d like some advice too about All of your money Budgeting. Thanks for sharing.....