1.17.2010

Warm Butternut Squash and Chick Pea Salad - Recipe


I love squash and I love beans and I love hummus.  So when I saw this Warm Butternut Squash and Chick Pea Salad on Smitten Kitchen.  I knew I had to try it.  The first time I made it, I just threw things in without measuring and I over did it on the chick peas. This time round I measured - actually Jeff did.  He put this one together while I worked on making stock.  And this time the salad lived up to expectation. 

Warm Squash and Butternut Salad makes a great side or serve it over a lettuce salad for a lighter meal.  I'm thinking this would be a great potluck or picnic dish.  It's good.  I could eat the whole bowl by myself. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love all those things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. Squash and hummus are in my favorite foods lists. I can't wait to try this recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete