3.15.2010

My Favorite Part of Our New Apartment

Here's the best part of our apartment; the big bay window with our dinner table in the middle. Actually that's this desk from Target. We found parts of it in a dumpster at our apartment in Iowa before we left for Peace Corps. I talked Jeff into saving the pieces and with some extra screws and newly drilled holes it has been modified as an excellent kitchen table.

I am also enjoying the bookshelves flanking the sides; they almost look like built-ins. The bar stool in the right corner has aspiration of becoming a plant stand; we just need to find it a plant.

The bay window faces west and if I ever get home early enough (day light savings is helping my cause) it has a really stunning view of the sunset.

This is my favorite apartment in the history of our apartments.

6 comments:

  1. This is too adorable! It looks so wonderful. light filled and cozy. How thrilling to find a place that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing a great job. Nothing better than home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/18/2010

    I love your apartment, too. The bay window area turned out perfect. It's pretty, useful and none of the light is blocked by furniture. Well done!

    -Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this corner, it looks so warm and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's nice. It's a fantastic spot in your apartment, with the bay windows and dinner table close together. I imagine it holds a great view of the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bay window too. I love windows overlooking a scenic view! By the way, how many times have you already transferred from one apartment to another? And what was your reason for leaving?

    -Von Madison

    ReplyDelete