Here’s what we decided on for this week’s dinners:
• Spinach spaghetti with eggplant marinara sauce and a Greek lettuce salad and strawberriesSounds pretty good huh? These are all healthy, filling meals so hopefully I won’t go to bed hungry. Although I realize going to bed hungry is sometimes part of the deal when working towards losing weight. I’ve got a plan and I’m feeling motivated.
• Apple Feta Pizza on a whole grain crust with a side of steamed broccoli and grapes
• Vegetable curry over brown rice and a strawberries
• Tofu veggie stirfry over brown rice and oranges
• Vegetarian enchiladas with cilantro, lettuce, green pepper, tomato and avocado plus grapes
• Grilled basa fish with a baked sweet potato, asparagus and strawberries
We headed out and bought the groceries we will need for the coming week.
Here’s the whole grains we got:
The proteins and dairy:
What about lunch and breakfast? I start work at 7:00am, so I generally bring a travel mug of coffee and a breakfast to eat while I go through my email and desk work in the morning. Lunch is generally something quick that doesn’t need to be heated or refrigerated. I have a plan to put together some healthy and simple breakfasts and lunches. I will make a couple days worth in one go to save on time. I’ll show you what I’m up to in tomorrow’s post: Quick, Healthy, Homemade Breakfast.