5.06.2010

Unusual Pizza Toppings


We eat pizza at least once a week and we always make two. We could just make one big one, but we want to have more topping options.  Sometimes we even divide each pizza in half and have four topping combination options.  This time we had:

Tomato, black olive, sausage -

Goat cheese, mushroom on one half and pineapple, sausage on the other -



The boarder of the goat cheese, mushroom with the pineapple was delicious!  I can see putting those three together on future pizzas.  The sausage black olive and tomato was just so-so.

Tonight we are trying Pineapple with feta and wild leek with goat cheese and egg. Should be interesting.  I am especially curious about the egg.  ***Update*** Check out my new post on the Egg, Ramp and Goat Cheese Pizza.

If you want to know what my secret ingredient for delicious pizza sauce is check out this post:  Quick and Easy Tomato Pizza Sauce.  This is also the post where we tried my favorite pizza topping combination apple, spinach, feta!

Do you have any favorite pizza topping combinations? or specilty pizzas you make?

13 comments:

  1. Did you like the pineapple, feta, leek, goat cheese and egg topping? It sounds like an interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy italian sausage and red onion on my pizza. Oh, or ham/canadian bacon and black olives. Oh and don't forget the pepperoni and jalapeno. LOL! Pizza...yum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. try japanese mayo on top just before serving. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sundried tomatoes, banana peppers, basil and goat cheese. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My partner loves anchovy, olives, sausage, and chillies. I want to try your pineapple pizza. *^^*

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my fave pizzas to make at home is topped with mozzarella, prosciutto, and fresh arugula leaves. Then, it gets a final drizzle of truffle oil just before serving. It's pure heaven! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really interesting toppings. I love sun dried tomatoes personally. What do you think about Bean and Corn Pizza? http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/bean_and_corn_pizza.htm

    Thanks for sharing these toppings!
    ~Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren5/07/2010

    Goat cheese, prosciutto (or bacon) and peaches (with a little red sauce, no mozz)! Grill it! Absolute perfection

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twice a week pizza? Sounds like my house! Made one just last night. I doubt I can get my husband to give up his pepperoni; I'll have to divide ours in fourths to try your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5/08/2010

    I once had thin-crust pizza topped with salty seaweed, mozarella and tomatoes that was good. I highly recomment fried tofu or potatoes as toppings as well! I love interesting pizza toppings and new combinations :) keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love caramelized onions, marinated artichoke hearts and butternut squash on a pesto pizza......mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my go to pizzas is Mexican pizza - I use enchilada sauce for the base, then taco seasoned beef or chicken, jack cheese, black beans and corn.

    When it cools slightly, I put shredded lettuce on top - and my side (heaven forbid one would ever touch my husbands lips!) fresh sliced jalapeno peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been doing the best effort to improve my own blog through your blog, my blog is about Italian food and would be nice if you can add more about those ingredients, because all this is new, specially in this category. 23jj

    ReplyDelete