5.03.2010

Wild Onion, Mushroom and Egg Sandwiches - Recipe

The wild onions are still going strong near me. So for lunch this weekend I put together a quick but delightful meal: Sautéed Wild Onions and Mushrooms with a fried egg on homemade wheat bread and orange slices. It was delicious. The wild onions and mushrooms started to caramelize and the runny egg yolk soaked into the bread, there was a touch of mayo to hold things together. I give this lunch five stars for flavor and five stars for easy!  This post was featured on YeastSpotting.com

 Wild Onion, Mushroom and Egg Sandwiches

1 small wheat bread loaf
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup wild onion, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 eggs
Salt to taste

Step 1:  Sauté the wild onion and mushrooms until a little browning starts.  Meanwhile, slice your loaf and toast it in the oven or toaster oven. 
Step 2:  Mix a tablespoon of mayo and the lemon juice into the mushrooms and wild onions.  Top one side of the loaf with the mushroom mixture.  Using the same pan fry up to eggs, you can leave the yolks a little runny if you wish.  Slide the egg on the other side of the bread and serve. 

Yields two sandwiches

4 comments:

  1. Oh I should NOT have read this before breakfast...I am hungry just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/03/2010

    Wah.... I want some too, it makes me hungry eventhough I am on a diet.... He! He!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely snaps...and lovely recipe... makes me feel kind hungry now...:)
    Mokita
    www.myaromatickitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great... would be even tastier if the wild mushrooms were morels

    ReplyDelete