It's also a good excuse for me to spruce up my blog. Did you notice my blog header got thinner? Now you can see more of the most recent post with out scrolling down. I have also decided to host my photos at flicker because Picasso makes them too low quality. I didn't get a new camera just to put up blurry pictures! Did I tell you I got a Canon Rebel XSi with a 28-105mm lens? I bought it used off ebay and I feel like I got a steal of a deal.
And I'm also working towards a new profile picture. I ran across this article about what makes a good profile picture from OKCupid. Yes, OKCupid is an online dating site, but I think the principles are the same. We are both trying to sell personality and peak people's interest with small online images. Their study found the most effective profile pictures for girls are ones that:
- Are photographed from above (just like every teenage girl on MySpace)
- Show cleavage (also might be why pictures from above are popular...)
- Have a flirty smile (you want to get to know me. wink, wink)
- Give good eye contact (you can trust me)
- Show the girl doing something interesting (conversation starter)
What do you think? Which of these photos do you like best for my profile picture?