9.19.2010

Bread and Herb Butter Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes - Recipe with Nature's Pride Bread



Bite sized bread and herb butter stuffed cherry tomatoes are the perfect appetizer for a party.The acid of the tomato balances the bread.  The bread soaks up tasty tomato juice making a lovely stuffing with a nicely browned top.  Add a little Parmesan cheese and basil to round out the flavors and you have a very sophisticated and elegant way to entice your guests. 

The best part? Don't tell, but they are really easy to make.  All you need are these six ingredients: 



 Bread and Herb Butter Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
2 slices of Nature's Pride potato bread
24 cherry tomatoes (about one pint)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
Step 1:  Prepare the tomatoes.  Wash the cherry tomatoes and then cut the tops off.  Use a small spoon, I found my 1/2 teaspoon was just the right size, to scoop out the seeds and middle part of the tomatoes.  Make sure not to pierce the walls.  Then lightly salt the inside of each cherry tomato.

Step 2:  Make the bread stuffing.  Tear the Nature's Pride potato bread into large chunks and put it in the food processor with the butter, Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil.  Pulse 4-6 times or until the bread is fine crumbs. 



Step 3:  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Butter a casserole dish that is just big enough to hold the tomatoes snugly.  You don't want them shifting around.  Fill each cherry tomato with stuffing.  I used the same 1/2 teaspoon to lightly press the stuffing in and then mound it on top. 



Step 4:  Place the stuffed tomatoes in the casserole and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.  Remove from the oven, let cool at least five minutes before serving.  They are best hot, but they can also be held and served at room temperature. 

Yields 24 servings.
   


This blog post and recipe are for the Nature's Pride Bread Ambassador program.  Although I bought the bread myself, I'm told I might get a coupon for a free loaf, but whatever.  I like planning party food.  This was a fun little challenge.

26 comments:

  1. This looks like a gorgeous appetizer! I recently made cherry tomatoes stuffed with a couscous salad, so I can totally imagine how much work was involved with this dish... but I'm sure the flavour made it well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiny stuffed peppers look delicious! I know they'd be a hit at an appetizer party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cherry tomatoes look adorable! Good luck with the Nature's Best ambassador program!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stuffed tomatoes make a wonderful appetizer, but I've never stuffed them with stuffing, I've made them cold, but I'll be trying these, when an occasion arises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mhm, these look loooovely Foy! I bet they're a little explosion of delight in your mouth.

    Thanks for the comment over at my blog clearing up how voting works, and best of luck to you! I'm backing you, even if I am part of the competition ;)

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! I just love you and your stuffed tomatoes! The egg ones were soooo good :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delishious!!!! love what you did with the bread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Now of only I could convince my fiance to eat tomatoes.

    Those look sooo incredibly yummy. Now I want one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, the tomatoes look sumptuous! love the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so delicious! Beautiful tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I really took note of everything... it is way past bed time in where I am but your cooking surely got me hungry... You are wonderful! I am going to check here every once in awhile!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly must have the patience of Job to have made these!! I have a ton of cherry tomatoes in my garden but not nearly enough patience which is and remains to my detriment. My hat is off to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, you must be very patient to work with tiny tomatoes! But these look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Party food is so much fun! These are beautiful little bites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9/20/2010

    mmmmmmmm. I'm gonna make this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. This looks amazing. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice recipe looking yuuuummmm ....

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know what ??? We love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  20. nom nom nom. this is sure a really healthy and yummy finger food to be served at a party!! Thanks for sharing. I will keep this recipe saved and your link saved so I can make this for my next party yeah?? hahaha



    have a lovely tuesday love.
    jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great recipe!!! I loved the pictures and the way the little tomatoes look. Great job!!

    Have a great day
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photos makes my heart glows! I love all the pictures in your blog... So creative and nicely taken! Thanks for such a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those look so good and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you have any suggestions for how to use the tomato pulp in the same meal?

    ReplyDelete