Each week Jeff and I sit down and make a menu that includes six dinner items, one big pot of something for lunches and breakfast cookies. Then we make a grocery list and go shopping.
I'm sure a lot of you guys out there already have a system in place, but if you don't, here's why you should consider making a menu and grocery list:
Here’s what is on the board for this week:
- Only one trip to the store per week
- Healthier eating - no eating crap food just because it is convenient and didn't think ahead
- Less food waste
- Lower grocery bill - you'll buy fewer impulse items when you plan ahead
We write out our menu on the dry erase board in the kitchen and cross off the meals as we make them. It’s simple and efficient.
- Grilled fish (farm raised catfish, trout, tilapia, arctic char, or barramundi), roasted butternut squash, and broccoli
- Eggplant curry (Baigan Bharta) over brown rice
- Mushroom burgers with roasted winter vegetables
- Vegetarian lasagna
- Pizza topped with apple/feta and mushroom/pepper/onion
- Stir fried vegetables with bean thread noodles and peanut sauce
Lunch: Lentil Soup
Breakfast: Breakfast Cookie