11.20.2011

Big News



Wait? Does that make me a mommy blogger?

There's so much to blog about. I'm concerned about my diet. I think most pregnant women want to do anything in their control to give their baby a healthy beginning. I know so very little. None of my close girlfriends have had a baby. I've never been very interested in babies or the gestation of them. I prefer growing plants to growing people.

We did a good job getting pregnant when we wanted.  First try!  Whoohoo! Doubt that will happen again.  I'm due a couple weeks after finals. Jeff will have time to get his grading done and then he'll have the whole summer to hang out with baby and me.  The life of a professor is a pretty good deal. 

I've got a lot of learning to do. On this blog for the next seven months, in addition to recipes, I'm going to write about what I learn and how I apply it to what I am eating, how I am exercising and dealing with baby stuff.

Jeff and I intend to stay true to our tasty, healthy, responsible eating roots as well as be mindful of how this little bump will change our lives. We plan to keep baby possessions to a minimum and buy as few new things as possible.

Want to see how this goes? So do I. Come along for the ride as I explore Garden. Cook. Write. Repeat. ^Pregnant. Don't worry this will still be a mostly recipe blog just with another flavor mixed in.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats! And welcome to the preggy lady club! I am currently 24 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/20/2011

    Congrats! Feel free to blog about pregnancy I don't think the ladies will mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Also, I like your style so far. Minimal. Our views on what babies need has changed so much since living in Guyana. You guys are going to be great. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you really don't have many mommy friends? we were surrounded with them in Austin. It's been so nice to be away from teh pressures of moms all around you wondering when 'you're next.' Good luck with it, Foy... Can't totally say congrats, as i too am more interested in growing lambs and plants than babies... but if you're excited, so am i! Maybe i can knit or crochet the little one something??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You're in for a great ride :) My little girl is 7 weeks old and it's pretty much the most amazing thing ever. I know it's hard and totally cliche to say it, but enjoy every part of the process. Some days I miss being pregnant (inside babies are a lot easier to take care of!) but being a mother has been the most profound and enjoyable experience of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! I'm looking forward to reading your posts during pregnancy! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Being a mom is the best thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I'm a "first time pregnant" blogger myself! (6 months!) Enjoy the ride....I'll enjoy reading about ALL of your adventures:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, congratulations! I'm happy for you two! (three!)

    You might have to start following Minimalist Mom, if you don't already. She has a lot of tips about staying clutter-free with kids. :) I don't follow her at this point but I check in on her from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yohooo!! Congratulations to you. Can't wait to hear about your journey. Another mama baking to exchange stories with! Interested to hear how your whole prego nutrition journey goes too. I'm finding it incredibly stressful to get myself fed as much as I need to get fed. Not that I'm not eating, but I'm often not eating the best stuff because I simply don't have the energy to make it or to even get to the grocery store. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! We had even finished the sentence 'maybe we should start trying...' before it happened. I think my husband was hoping for a longer prep-time. Sounds like you're gonna be a great mama.

    ReplyDelete