8.09.2012

Eat Make Grow Thursday Blog Hop #2


It is Thursday (again! so soon!) and time for another Eat Make Grow Blog Hop! Marigold and I had a great inaugural hop last week, and this week we are welcoming a new host, Miranda from Pocket Pause. Whichever blog you choose to link your post up to, it will show up on all three sites! Share all of your DIY projects and the yummy food you've been growing and eating.

Your Hosts 

Foy from Garden. Cook. Write. Repeat.
Miranda from Pocket Pause
Marigold from Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky!

We’re not big fans of rules so there are just two of them:

No big corporation or business advertising or promotional posts. Let’s not dilute Eat Make Grow with junky posts. We don’t mind helping out the little home grown businesses of independent bloggers or handmade merchants (Etsy, etc.).

Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Eat Make Grow community by sending your readers to all of the other participant’s posts. We will feature two posts each week and we will only consider posts that have a link back. A text link is fine, or you can grab this button and put it anywhere on your blog:




Before we get to last week's links, I want to introduce you all to Miranda of Pocket Pause who will make our third hostess with the most-ess.


Miranda is another gal from Savannah.  Marigold and I along with the rest of our SCAD group used to hang out at her house which she rented with a rotating cast of other masters students.  Miranda's a talented illustrator and makes lovely felted fiber friends for sale on etsy.  She also makes soap and other skin soothers which she sells here.  And she's looking for a small farm to call her own where her Corgi dog, Pocket, can herd goats and terrorize chickens.  I'm not sure how she has time for all that and being one of the wine tasting  ladies at an Oregon vineyard.

Let's get back to the hop and take a look at last week's links. First of all, I want to say that we were so excited by the turn out for our first hop. We didn't do very much promotion for this, and were hoping to avoid embarrassment and get up to 20 links. Well, you came out in force and we were so excited to get over 75 posts linked up to the inaugural Eat Make Grow hop!

Each week we will go through every single link that you guys are so kind to share with us, and we feature two. The first is the link that received the most clicks, and the second is a curated choice by this week's host. This was not an easy task!

The most clicked on link was:

"At first, I thought that they were some kind of insect droppings, but that would be a pretty large insect! They look a little like green hand grenades!"

Brenda found a critter in her garden and asks her readers to help her solve the mystery. Jump on over to A Separate Path to find out what was hanging out on Brenda's tomatoes!

And my favorite project from last week's list was this:

 DIY Zigzag Quilt by Jacquie of the blog At Home in Hope
"I kept the quilting minimal in hopes that the quilt would remain wrappable and snuggle-up-able. Mission accomplished."

It was so hard for me to choose a favorite, but in the end, I kept coming back to this project. Jacquie made this sweet baby blanket for her best friend's new little one. It's quiet colors and modern design are just perfect for a baby boy. Visit At Home in Hope to see more of the quilt.

Featured Blogger Pinterest Page
Thanks for linking up Brenda and Jacquie! We hope you'll proudly display the Eat Make Grow Featured Blogger button on your blog:

And thanks so much to everyone who linked up and shared our hop with your readers. We are excited about watching this community grow and hope you'll continue to post your projects this week and every Thursday!




15 comments:

  1. I'm finally back online and trying to get caught up! I'll aim for next Thursday to join in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! When ever you can we'd love to have you contribute. It sounds like you've got a lot going on right now and then computer problems on top of that. I think you deserve a cup of hot tea on the couch!

      Delete
  2. I shared about preserving Kohlrabi to use in a family recipe for Kohlrabi soup. Thanks for hosting and congrats on such a huge turnout for the first one last week!
    annie
    http://montanasolarcreations.blogspot.com/2012/08/preserving-kohlrabi.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally making this soup this week! We've got kohlrabi in spades at the co-op right now. And I'm fifth or sixth generation German so this should be easy, no?

      Delete
  3. HI,
    I shared my Paleo Potatoes as well as an article about the new genetic modification of apples.

    Find out your body type for better health!

    http://realfoodforager.com/find-out-your-body-type-to-achieve-better-health/

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! This week I'm sharing my method for making perfect hard boiled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've hardly blogged in the past week, so I've submitted a couple of archival posts, hope that's okay. It has been a hot summer, so I shared some recipes for Heat Wave Refreshments (#13) and since it's time to harvest beets, learn how to pickle them (#14)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting! I've linked up a delicious (and nourishing) creme brulee recipe that's so easy (and so good!)

    http://thankyourbody.com/creme-brulee-recipe/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the opportunity and for hosting!

    http://www.chicshadesofgreen.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder...meant to link up yesterday and got side-tracked. Anyhow, I linked up a post from my archives: The Lazy Person's Guide to Canning Tomatoes!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting! I posted my introduction to my new 30 Day Healthy Lifestyle Challenge, which I hope some of you will join! I also included a picture of the radishes I grew in my own garden. I will take pictures of how much my garden has grown and all the produce I am getting this year!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting! I love the logo; I saw it elsewhere and just had to follow the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for hosting this! My blog is fairly new, so I appreciate you taking the time to do this link up, so I can meet other people! I'm also officially your newest follower :) Yay for being blog friends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Glad to have you. Starting a blog is a lot of work. Once you find your niche of bloggers it really is a small community. I have many blogger friends who I chat with on facebook and email, but I've never met in person.

      Delete